Get dramatic results quickly and safely with professional teeth whitening treatment
Montclair Dental Care of Oakland, California, takes pride in offering modern treatment within a relaxed, non-judgmental, warm, and inviting environment. Teeth whitening at our practice perfectly complements this highly personalized and authentically caring approach to dental care. The professional methods prescribed by our dentist, Dr. Kenneth L. Childers, “tick” all of the necessary “boxes” that add up to the quality, trustworthy care that our patients have come to expect from us. We’ve highlighted a few of the exceptional features associated with our professional products and services below:
- Safety – Unlike whitening strips and other OTC products, professional treatment supports a safe experience. After all, every aspect of treatment is administered, prescribed, and overseen by Dr. Childers. Safety starts by assuring that your teeth and gums are indeed healthy enough to be whitened. Whitening products can aggravate underlying conditions.
- Customized treatment – During a consultation, Dr. Childers will not only evaluate your teeth and gums. But he will also discuss your goals and preferences. No single type of treatment is appropriate for each patient. So, he offers both in-office, laser, or “power” bleaching, as well as take-home whitening trays. The former option may be desirable for those who want immediate results in one visit. The latter method may be best for those who desire a more gradual result, applied from the comfort of home.
- Painless – One-size-fits-all whitening trays and other universal or off-the-shelf products are not designed for your unique mouth contours. They also do not account for problems such as a history of teeth sensitivity. Professional treatments are designed to the unique specifications of your mouth, and the tray won’t slide around and cause discomfort or potential damage to tissues. Dr. Childers can also adjust the power or concentration of the active ingredients in the whitening gel. A less concentrated gel may be prescribed to patients with sensitivity-related concerns.
At a young age our teeth are healthy white. But overtime the enamel coating the tooth is so slowly worn down. Causing our teeth to become stained and yellow, which is why teeth whitening is become increasingly popular today. There are a few methods for whitening. They include at home and in office. With in office treatments, you will see faster results, receive the safest treatment for bleaching the teeth, and yield the whitest smile. So, don’t settle for teeth that have become stained from years of coffee drinking, tobacco use, or just aging. Ask your dentist about whitening options that may be right you.
- Effective – Professional-grade whitening systems are clinically proven to break up stains and whiten the teeth. Teeth can be lightened by several shades. OTC strips, kits, and other products rarely get the results that patients desire because they are usually not formulated with proven ingredients. Or, if peroxide-based gels are used, they contain so little of the active whitener that the gel makes little difference in the color of your teeth.
- Lasting results – Complementary services and expertise at our practice helps to sustain the results from whitening treatment. For example, some patients who get in-office whitening can extend the results with touch-ups, courtesy of take-home whitening trays. Professional cleaning also helps to remove surface stains. Our team is happy to provide tips and recommendations on oral care products to keep your teeth looking healthy and vibrant.
A great patient experience and patient satisfaction is our priority. We assure patients are well-informed about treatment options and that the outcomes or results align with their expectations. As an example, restorations do not respond to whitening treatment. So, we will discuss options for patients with dental work, such as crowns.
We see a confident smile in your future! Call (510) 328-7792 to schedule your complimentary smile consultation with Dr. Childers.