Of the many teeth replacement options available, none stands out, like dental implants. Implant-based restorations expertly installed by a dental office like Montclair Dental Care in Oakland, California, closely mimic the function and esthetics of your natural smile. Dental implants allow you to chew, talk, and laugh without worrying about your replacement teeth.
What it takes to replace your lost teeth with dental implants
No one likes unpleasant surprises. We ensure our patients remain informed by breaking down procedures step by step.
So, when you want to replace your missing teeth with dental implants, this is what to expect:
- Comprehensive dental exam: We examine your mouth to ensure you have a healthy jawbone to support an implant. In addition, we check for cavities or gum disease that could jeopardize the success of the implant. Our assessment process also involves using dental X-rays and CT scans to plan the precise placement of the implant
- Pre-surgery procedures: Teeth damaged or decayed beyond repair need extraction to create space for implants. Additionally, patients with diminished jaw bone may first need to undergo bone grafting
- Implant surgery: Time for some dental implant action! After numbing your gums, a titanium rod is inserted precisely in your jawbone. This acts as your new tooth root. We then place a healing cap on your implant to kick-start the healing process
- Healing: Your implant needs four to six months to heal, during which the jawbone fuses with the implant through osseointegration
- Abutment placement: We install an abutment that connects your implant post to your tooth restoration/prosthetic. We also take your bite impressions to help the dental lab manufacture custom-fitting restorations
- Tooth restoration: Finally, we will top off your dental implant with a permanent tooth restoration. If it’s a single tooth, a dental crown is perfect, but you may need a bridge or denture if replacing more than one tooth or an entire arch
Once your treatment is complete, you can enjoy your life with your brand-new smile. No foods are out of bounds, and you can also smile from ear to ear without worrying about slippage or teeth falling out.
Get started with dental implants today!
Want to rebuild your smile with dental implants in Oakland, CA? Please dial (510) 328-7792 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kenneth Childers.
Share this Article